Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Hey Bookworm, What Are You READING? - Page 2

[:1]Yeah, that was the first I read (before I knew it was a series) Now I'm checking them out from the Library in order because Barnes and Noble doesn't have them.



I read the Codex Alera in order, and own them all except First Lords Fury (gotta get it in paperback to match the others)



I like the use of magic and firearms

He's like a magical gunslinging Sherlock Holmes.

Its really entertaining.|||haha, i recently read a rant about The Inheritance Cycle (that one has Eragon in the series, yes?). the guy is not into fantasy or magic and was kinda *****ing about it and some other stuff he thought was wrong with the book. it was quite amusing. i had nothing to say really because i have not read it.

i would like to re-read all of the Harry Potter books before November, but im not sure if that is going to happen. so i might just re-read the seventh. |||I just finished up on Iain M. Banks' "Consider Phlebas," now moving on to Peter F. Hamilton's newly released "Evolutionary Void," the last book in his massive Commonwealth/Void saga. After that the rest of Banks' work will follow. I love science fiction.|||Quote:








haha, i recently read a rant about The Inheritance Cycle (that one has Eragon in the series, yes?). the guy is not into fantasy or magic and was kinda *****ing about it and some other stuff he thought was wrong with the book. it was quite amusing. i had nothing to say really because i have not read it.



i would like to re-read all of the Harry Potter books before November, but im not sure if that is going to happen. so i might just re-read the seventh.




The Inhertiance cycle books are well done (the guys writing is fairly young) I enjoy them.



I thought I would catch crap for saying I like the Harry Potter books, but... I do. I own them all. Hardcover. Arranged nicely on my bookcase. Also own all the movies. Speaking of Movies.



I hate when they make a book into movie and completely butcher it (eragon)



When they do a good job its nice though (LotR, Harry Potter) I just wish they would do The Hobbit. They were filming, then they stopped, and started again, and stopped, and I dunno whats going on there.|||how young is Paolini? (is that how you spell his last name?)|||Quote:








how young is Paolini? (is that how you spell his last name?)




Hmm... 27? I think. When Eragon came out he would've been 20-ish... Guess he's not as young as I seem to think. Most of the books I read the author on the last page has a beard, and Paolini doesn't maybe thats why I picture him as young-ish.|||no, it's cool. i saw a picture of him years ago and he looked in his twenties. but it was years ago and i was just curious to his age now. thanks.|||I just finished reading bastiat's "law" online.|||Quote:








I just finished reading bastiat's "law" online.




That looks... thrilling.



Haha, I'm kidding, is it good?|||The 15books-collection of David Eddings with Garion, Belgarath and the other people. Lovely books. Third time i read those again.

No comments:

Post a Comment