Saturday, April 21, 2012

Post and discuss your pets - Page 3

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3486/...1f9039046a.jpg

Technically, she's Camille's cat. Someone forgot to tell the cat though.

Lola's my drinking buddy.

-caddad|||It's funny but working dogs are different than pets.|||Boomer and Baylen:

Kitties

I am off work sick today and all three kitties jumped in bed with me and purred. Something about that made me feel so much better.|||awww, you guys! ^_^|||Alright... here's pics of my kitties too! They're from last Christmas:

Melvin

Ginger|||haha, i love Melvin's pic, Techno! XD he's kinda like, "What? Cat food?" or sometihng. Ginger is pretty!

too bad im allergic to cats and lots of animal hair. *sad panda face*

edit: cats are ok if they are outside, as with most pets, but if it's a total inside animal and there is hair everywhere, it will be the death of me.|||I'm of the strict mindset that pets are indoor animals. No dog of mine will live outside! I'd stick my children outside (when I will be forced to have one/two) before my dogs.

I'll teach the little creatures how to build a fire first, but my dogs don't have that ability...|||i don't mind both an inside and outside pet, but we couldn't have inside pets when we were little/as we grew up bcuz all three of us (me and my younger sibs) have wicked bad allergies. i've learned that after touching an animal to wash my hands before touching my face (swollen shut eyes that water and will crust over, sneezing, runny nose. that all happens if i touch a cat and my eyes. that's worst case scenario which has happened. most of the time it's a bunch of sneezing and runny nose) and so have they. so we had to have outside animals.|||How bad are your allergies?

I am on Nazonex and Advair for my kitties. Between those two meds, I feel fine. It can be rather expensive, but worth it to me.

I helped birth Aberdeen, Meatloaf and Baylen. They are the funniest bunch of furballs you would ever see.|||Ah, cats. Long post incoming. I have two cats up north where I used to live (when I moved south they stayed at home), so unfortunately I only get to see them a few times a year :/.

Anyway, they're names are Leo and Kimba, or as me and my brother calls them, Wisdom and Courage respectively.

When god was handing out brains, Leo was sleeping behind the door. The youngest of our family, he has got to be the slowest cat I've ever see and frequently has the look of "what the hell are you talking about" plastered on his face. It seems like it takes a couple of minutes for anything to register with him.

Recently he had some sort of skin cancer thingy on his ear that we got fixed at the vet (it looks pretty bad in the picture but that was straight after the operation, and it's virtually all gone now, and yes he only eats the biscuits if they're on the floor), and as a result his left ear is slightly shorter than his right; a fact I frequently enjoy mocking every time I see him The only orange cat in the litter where we got him, I wouldn't trade him for the world.

My brothers cat, Kimba(doing what he does best) had a pretty bad upbringing. We rescued him from a friend of a friend who's husband kept him locked in a room 24/7, and frequently kicked him around. The husband kept threatening to hit him on the head with a hammer, which prompted us to head over there late one night to take him home with us. He's been safe with us for the past ~10 years, though I don't think he ever fully recovered mentally. He's as timid as you can get, and spent the first month or so hiding behind a washing machine at our place. Likewise, he almost never makes a noise. Unless you were paying attention you'd never know when he enters/leaves a room, and he never really meows or anything. He does do the occasional muffled "squark" though, usually only when he thinks you have food for him.

Even now he is scared of new people, and prefers to be around my brother, myself or our mother. He won't let anyone else touch him/pick him up, and will bolt to one of our rooms usually straight as soon as someone comes over. Given enough exposure to the same person, he'll slowly accept them as he has with our close relatives. Still, he can be quite inquisitive every now and then.

Both cats are pretty spoiled though to be honest. I always figured we'd just need a third cat to represent power and we'll have the full tri-force available

No comments:

Post a Comment