Thursday, April 19, 2012

Love of Government

Here's a link
Code:
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/07/28...th/?test=faces

,of a love letter written by a Union Soldier that I thought was very interesting.

Something else that caught my eye was a comment below that said Sullivan would not have said such about this country as it is today. It spoke of how he would have been dumbed down by media, feeling the need to keep quite his Love for God. And prolly would have been held back to speak of his willingness to die for his country.

Of course this commentor was pretty much scolded for saying this, other posters saying how could he speak for what seems to be a great American in the face of death for his country...which is understandable.

But really. I try to place myself in this situation. Sitting there on the eve of battle thinking of my family, of my life. Of course I would have thoughts for my country. As a country I still love greatly...not how its ran, but for what it stands for.

But also I woulda found myself, if the need to die, not so much for what my country(the politicians that told me to go and try not to die for)has asked me to...but for the man next to me.

I feel that many soldiers today, absoulutly need moral, but instead of looking for it from the media from your country, look for it to their brothers in arms. Your there to fight, and possibly die...not to win the war, but to win the day. And hope all your fellow soldiers live as well.

The words he said to his wife and children we all feel. But those of his country/government imo are different than nowadays. Becasue times are different.

I don't know. It's intertesting to hear from someone who feels death is near on the eve of the first Battle of Bull Run from 150 yrs ago.

Your thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment