Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Netflix Price Changes

So Netflix is changing their pricing plans. I guess a lot of people are angered by this. Personally I don't mind it so much. My current plan is about $13 a month and will likely go to $20 a month roughly. I'm alright with it. It's still a fair deal to me. Before Netflix came along movie rentals were getting up around $5 a pop. At the rate I watch movies I'd be up around $50+ a month at that rate. Netflix inventory also far surpasses that of any video rental store I've ever been to. It's still a value to me. What do you think?|||The streaming never has anything I want anyhow.

Just sticking with the DVD's myself|||Due to being a sticks-dweller and, due to that, having fairly limited internet speed options, streaming (while possible) was a frustrating exercise. I had the $8(?) unlimited streaming + Unlimited DVD (one out at a time) package. I've switched to 2 DVDs (two out at a time), no streaming - a $4 increase and I'm happy with that. I know I'll be moving and going back to school within the next year or so, so I'll get a streaming package then.

I've seen alot of pitchfork-wielding on other sites and personally I don't see what the fuss is all about. OTOH, I chose a very modest package so maybe there's some logic behind the whining.|||streaming has A-Team and MST3K how can you not want to watch those?|||Well, lack of A-Team DOES hurt a bit but I'll get by for now. In the case of MST3K though, anything that's been released on DVD or VHS I already own as I'm a hopeless fanboy.|||We just dropped our Netflix last night actually, but it was unrelated to the price increase.

The streaming was nice, but often left something to be desired.

I don't think people should get mad, if they don't think it's a good value they can stop using it. Of course, Netflix has already put most of the competition out of business already, so it might be tough to replace it and pay less.

Everybody has to make money, so I understand raising rates.|||I had a bad experience with Netflix involving problems streaming videos from them and them outright lying about the problem and deliberately deceiving people into blaming another company. It left me with a rather low opinion of Netflix, so a price increase just means I'm even less likely to use their services.

FYI, Hulu has The A-Team available for streaming, and its free. You do have to deal with a few ads, but its still fewer than you'd get watching on television. http://www.hulu.com/the-a-team|||I've neer used Netflix but from what I've been reading here and there alot of people seem to think since Blockbuster went south, Net saw a time to raise prices just for the greed of things.

Sometimes thats how things work. I'm sure something else will come along with better deals/prices eventually. To hold the top spot is the hardest.|||I'm a sucker for TV shows and Netflix doesn't seem to be lacking in those. Watching episode after episode with ads would drive me up the wall while ripping my hair out, while netflix not only has no ads, usually seamless streaming, but I can switch to the next episode without even leaving the webpage I'm on. I've only ever used Hulu to watch certain episodes of Family Guy, but that's about it. At 7.99 a month (which I'm still under the impression that I'm paying), I really can't complain. I got cable which costs a heck ton more and I don't watch it as often. I don't think it's that big of a deal.|||hulu always wants to show me trailers for Zookeeper

hulu and I aren't on speaking terms for the moment

No comments:

Post a Comment