Thursday, April 19, 2012

To be vegan or not to be vegan. That is the question. - Page 5

Quote:








omg, that's so mean!! i feel bad for lol'ing. >.> you can def eat healthier with meat. try whole grain pasta and grilled chicken and fresh veggies. mmm!





lol, read a bit about that one yesterday! and i was told there's really no difference between regular fruits and veggies and organic veggies. -.- could be wrong, but seriously, if you think about it, what is the difference? if there is, can someone please tell me?

yeah, it is a bit ridiculous how expensive healthy food is. can anyone tell me why that is? because it takes longer to make as to where fast-food is five minutes tops?




Just cutting in, but you don't necessarily have to buy the "natural" or "organic" foods to be healthier. There is a lot of dispute to whether or not pesticides really change the food's nutritional value in any meaningful way.

Usually, they're mostly marketing terms used to increase demand. If you're really skeptical, it might be worth your money, but I'd rather spend it on something else.|||Quote:








Just cutting in, but you don't necessarily have to buy the "natural" or "organic" foods to be healthier. There is a lot of dispute to whether or not pesticides really change the food's nutritional value in any meaningful way.

Usually, they're mostly marketing terms used to increase demand. If you're really skeptical, it might be worth your money, but I'd rather spend it on something else.




yeah, i think it was something like that. it was a while back, but i had heard that there really isn't a difference and it is a marketing ploy. thanks for refreshing my memory. |||Quote:








I laugh at claims of ethical superiority of Vegetarianism.

I worked in a butcher shop.

and hunt and fish and have grown my own food.

I'm Proud to be a Omnivore.




Planting chickens doesn't mean you'll grow a hen-tree. |||Pesticides don't change the food's nutrimental value at all, of course, but pesticides are bad for your health. I wouldn't put too much trust in the maximum concentrations allowed. They are often arbitrary and you can be sure that the food industry had a say in say when they were set up. I'm not saying that non-eco food has to be avoided altogether, but it's certainly a good idea to be a bit wary about what is told to you. It's usually the richest faction whose voice is the loudest and you usually don't become rich if you take care about everything or have too many concerns or remorse.|||Quote:








Pesticides don't change the food's nutrimental value at all, of course, but pesticides are bad for your health. I wouldn't put too much trust in the maximum concentrations allowed. They are often arbitrary and you can be sure that the food industry had a say in say when they were set up. I'm not saying that non-eco food has to be avoided altogether, but it's certainly a good idea to be a bit wary about what is told to you. It's usually the richest faction whose voice is the loudest and you usually don't become rich if you take care about everything or have too many concerns or remorse.




so wash your veggies and fruits before consumption? heh-heh.... |||I like the early age exposure I had with DDT.

Bug's Bite me and die.



Wash with <3% bleach|||Quote:








so cut his steak in tiny pieces or put it in a blender so he can eat it? heh-heh.... <.<




I'm sure that's his end goal - to have my wife (aka "Mommy") cut his food up for him (aka "Momism"). He used to expect his <own> wife to butter his bread...


Quote:








Wash with <3% bleach




My <own> Grandfather complained after returning from Afghanistan that the salad didn't have the same 'tang'.

Oh, and my Dad might as well use Roundup as salad dressing. He's 90, active, and doesn't take any medication.|||Vegan here |||I'm with this guy



Omnivore all the Way|||The BobCox doth protest too much, methinks.

No comments:

Post a Comment