Thursday, April 19, 2012

Amy Winehouse - R.I.P. - Page 3

Quote:








Everyone else is hanging out at the gate waiting to get past St. Peter and they get ushered off to this secret club?




You've exposed me as someone who knows jack about Disneyland - I had to google that.

Well... I'm exaggerating a little bit. Even at 36 I heart Haunted Mansion and especially this. That thing scared the crap out of me when I was a wee Dreddles.

"Secret Club": Well be sure to send me a postcard and let me know if you were right when your time comes. I don't think I'll headed in that direction. |||Maybe I'm an old fart, but she didn't register on my radar. I had to google her and the only song of hers I ever heard was "rehab".|||please remain seated in your DOOM buggies|||Quote:








It's someone who recognizes that the responsibility for the addiction/treatment lies with the addict and them alone.

No one else is responsible. No one else has the power to make that change.

No matter how many times help is offered, if the addict doesn't want help then no one else should be blamed for the behaviour of the addict.




All that goes without saying.

However, if your child was soon to die would you not at least be there and/or do all in your power to help?

@TheNix: agreed, she is not that well known|||i was in total shock when i heard about her death. i knew it was coming because of her poor condition, but stil saddened by the fact.

pretty sure Jessica is going to win this year. >.> as morbid of a game as this is. <.<


Quote:








It's someone who recognizes that the responsibility for the addiction/treatment lies with the addict and them alone.

No one else is responsible. No one else has the power to make that change.

No matter how many times help is offered, if the addict doesn't want help then no one else should be blamed for the behaviour of the addict.




you said it perfectly, Thy.


Quote:








what pisses me off is that because she died at 27 sxome people are comparing her to jimi hendrix, kurt cobain ect. (theres a whole list I just don't remember it all)

even if she did die at the same age, she still doesn't belong in that list. because those musicians were actually good




doesn't matter if she was "good" or not, DFX. she was 27, she died as a musician, the "curse" got her, why should she not qualify (if we can use that term) ?|||Quote:








I heard a news segment that said her mother had visited her a day or two before. They said her mother commented that "it won't be long now".



What kind of mother is that?!



If you know your child is on the brink would you not move heaven and hell to try to help? Yes, in some cases there is nothing you can do. But to just resign yourself that you child will die shortly... not a very good parent there imho.




How do you know that her mother didn't try? Amy had been in rehab at the end of May. Amy was an adult and responsible for herself. What would you have done?|||Her Family seems OK to me - did you watch the Funereal news?

FYI you can't Save those that won't be saved once they grow up and make more money than you.|||as far as her battling her demons, I think it went something like this

|||She should have covered "James Dean"|||you don't make friends with salad!

wait, wrong thread.

No comments:

Post a Comment