Thursday, April 19, 2012

An act of immorality or compassion: A mother selling herself to support her children? - Page 4

Quote:








Then why do you view prosititution as immoral?



Well how about you join the military. I think well find the numbers quite comparable.

So would you be suggesting that all soldiers with children have no compassion for their children? Think before you answer Mr. Kerry.

Do you understand the slippery slope you've choosen yet?




I don't have an opinion on the morality of prostitution as a whole. I have a problem with the morality of choosing prostitution above other available options as a means of feeding your kids.

So, you're comparing prostitution with military service now? There are lots of dangerous jobs in the world. I've held one of the most dangerous. It's ridiculous to keep up this one-upsmanship trying to prove that these jobs exist. In my opinion, prostitution is the singular worst choice the mother in this scenario could make.



EDIT: I must say, this is the first time I've ever been compared to John Kerry. |||Have you ever been in a desperately poor third world country? Where children all run the dirt streets naked and beg everywhere? Not the Caribean but a poor place? If not, don't be too quick to judge.




Quote:




EDIT: I must say, this is the first time I've ever been compared to John Kerry.




You're welcome John.|||I think the OP was perhaps poorly worded. If the question is something like "Should a mother take up prostitution so her kids can have a little more to eat than the sufficient amount that they do already?" then the answer is going to be a lot more clear-cut.|||Quote:








Have you ever been in a desperately poor third world country? Where children all run the dirt streets naked and beg everywhere? Not the Caribean but a poor place? If not, don't be too quick to judge.





You're welcome John.




I live 4 miles from a 3rd world country.|||I thought you lived in Texas.|||You can't compare Mexico to Laos sorry. The poorest Mexicans would be kings in Cambodia.

Mexico

GDP (purchasing power parity): $1.064 trillion

Pop: 107,449,525

That's about $10,000 per person

Labor force

agriculture: 18%

industry: 24%

services: 58%

Laos

GDP (purchasing power parity): $12.29 billion

Pop: 6,368,481

That's about $2000 per person

Labor force - by occupation:

agriculture: 80%

industry and services: 20%|||You're a very comparative fellow, aren't you? Well, the woman in this thread isn't Laotian. Sorry.

And, as I already said: You don't have to be in Cambodia to be poor.


Quote:








I thought you lived in Texas.




Haha. You really rock sometimes.|||:-D

/goes home to his cramped hovel of a Tokyo apartment|||Quote:








I don't consider selling yourself immoral. It's just unpleasant.

Buying people, that's a different story.




This is the correct answer.|||Quote:










EDIT: I spent the first 15+ years of my life eating 1 meal a day, 2 on rare occasions. .




Bortaz, i didnt know you were in jail that young, what did you do?

No comments:

Post a Comment