Saturday, April 21, 2012

How many of you simply don't care? - Page 4

As someone who works in the health field, I have to at least come across as if i care about every individual customer. However, whether I do or not is usually dependant on the customer I'm helping. In a pharmacy, we often get blamed for EVERYTHING that goes wrong with prescriptions when the truth of the matter is 90% of everything that is being done that affects your wallet is done outside of our store( i.e. at the billing center for the insurance companies)

In my job, I try to be ask genuine and honest as I possibly can (which is, oftentimes, TOO honest). And if someone can't see the merit in what I'm doing and realize that I am trying my best to help them, then I go into "IDGAF" mode. You won't get any help from me if you aren't willing to understand and work with me towards a conclusion in your benefit. A lot of people just want to complain for complainings' sake, and I don't have the time or the desire to listen to that kind of verbal diarrhea. I have people who want to work with me that I could be spending my time on and that's what I'll do. If you don't like it, good riddance, imo.

However, if you up front with me and you're willing to listen to what I have to say and not just assume I'm giving you the run-around, then I'll go WAY above and beyond my job title to help you in any way I can.

So, TL;DR version:

It depends on the customer. If you're cool with me, I'm cool with you. But if you come at me with any sense of false entitlement when I deal with 500+ people in a day, you won't get an ounce of pity or interest. In that case, it's tough cookies.



/rant|||o hai, Sonata. nice seeing you around these parts! *waves vigorously*

*squishy hug*


Quote:










On the phone people are more likely to be abusive to you. For whatever psychological reason people just tend to be nicer in person. Still, I was always polite and to the point.

I actually had one person call for tech support who did nothing but spout verbal abuse, without even trying anything I suggested to fix his problem. After about 5 minutes I politely told him "Sir, since you are unable to be civil, I'm going to have to end this call now," and then I hung up on him. He called back half an hour later, apologized, and I fixed his problem in about 60 seconds. My manager, who knew him as a problem customer, was amazed that I got him to behave himself.




i had the same problem a few months ago. im still fairly new to the place and then i didn't pick up the phones because how could i help a customer when i hardly know anything, ya know? so, i was helping my co-worker out who was swamped with work, i picked up the phone for her and it's some woman who has been holding for over five minutes, she had some question about something retarded she's trying to do, not to mention that she keeps going in and out because our phone lines are absolute pieces of ****. so, after trying to piece together her sentence, i was doing the right thing and going to find someone who would know what she was trying to talk about. "Don't put me on hold again! Why don't you find someone who knows what they are doing and put them on th phone with me." (something to that extent). i understand why she's cranky, but do you really have to take that out on me, even when i did tell you, "Hey, i just started and i can't hear you because our phones are crap and you keep going in and out?"



people are just ***-holes in general. even your co-workers.|||Haiiii, haven't been here in a while!

*looks around*

Nothings' changed =PPP|||Well Change your tar then?|||we missed you!!

okay, *I* missed you. ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment