Thursday, April 19, 2012

Pepper gardening - Page 2

Quote:








That and incredibly small genitals.



I wonder if they go hand in hand.




You should experiment and tell us your findings!|||I tried, but alas, my massive Viking schlong cannot be abated.|||I just tried my first little bit of ghost chili. I will admit i did not eat the whole thing hah, I'm not gonna try and lie and say I can really "handle the heat," (I think habaneros are pretty hot haha, and i do believe that a ghost chili is 20 habaneros, though I could be wrong) so ya it was really hot. but it actually tasted kinda good. Till it burned haha. kinda sneaks up on you. I saved a couple seeds, I'm gonna try to grow them as well... Any advice would be appreciated!|||1 jalepeno and 2 peppers last year. My first year in gardening and I generally have the touch of death when it comes to plants so I was quite pleased.

Are these things perennial. I brought them inside - after I'd harvested my massive crop and watered them but it's just occured to me that might be it and I'll need to plant more. Advice would be great.|||Harvest the seeds and start new plants.

Start with small cells and then transfer outside when the plants are established to atleast the size of he small ones bought in store. Don't put them outside until the risk of frost has passed.|||From what I gather, cultivating pepper varieties all depends on where they are indigenous to. I can plop a seed in the ground and have a bell pepper but when I grew Habs, I had to make sure they had a high enough temp and watering was tricky.

svidikus, you actually nibbled on a ghost pepper? I like hot food but that may be to much for me to fathom if not in some dish that cuts the scoville scale down a bit.

I have some Thai chili peppers that I need to start.|||I've wanted to start a garden for years now. My wife picked up a book on box gardening she heard about recently that seemed interesting. Would peppers be a good first venture? I'm entertaining the idea of starting with herbs and spices first. Any input, links, books on the subject would be appreciated.|||Peppers and herbs would both be great in a container like garden.

Last year, I bought 3 six celled hab plants. This year, I will buy as many as I can. I have to learn how to can. I found this to die for sauce and I want to make as much of it with my homegrown peppers as possible.

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Bobs-Ha...re/Detail.aspx

That is some good sauce.|||Sorry to rez a thread that I last posted in, but I just received my powdered ghost chili. Man, that stuff is awesome!!!

I think I will just stick with growing my traditional hot peppers and just buy the powdered chili from India.|||Just planted over 60 Habanero plants.

I did order some Bhut Jalokias but they have not germinated yet. I have read that they can live 7 years and turn into kind of a tree.

No comments:

Post a Comment