Saturday, April 21, 2012

How many of you simply don't care? - Page 3

I make sure I leave a restaurant before I pay. But I take all the dishes and cutlery with me so I make it easier on the staff and they don't have to spend more time clearing my table.|||At least you are a bill-dodger with good manners!|||I pride myself on my manners.|||I like real restaurants where Clearing your own table is not allowed and it would not be good manners to try.

I pay before I leave the table though.|||I can understand why people start not to care, its just the new that gets old. The new questions or service to someone, after the hundredth time gets tiresome and is hard to keep fresh after a long week.

Now is this a good excuse? Absoultely not. Of course the customer, or whom ever, is not at fault for your certain postion that day...but it happens.

I see it alot in building. We take a family's idea, possibly's their biggest exspense of their life, and try to keep it interesting, and informative for thier many questions and plans.

But to not brush off a, what to them seems very important, situation is sometimes hard do to. Its only casue we've seen the same reactions or questions rise and the exact same time frame of a house's construction.

I find myself correcting my Dad or brother, if asked, to be more informative becasue I myself was once there as well.

It's like buying a 40k vehicle, or even a 20k one. It's always nice for the salesman to be into your purchase as much as you are. Telling you all the positive things about such purchase, an answering all your questions accurately.

If he made you feel like you were wasting his time buying this new car...piss off sale's guy, I'm outta here! lol

Its just human nature, and some are better than others.|||Quote:








I like real restaurants where Clearing your own table is not allowed and it would not be good manners to try.

I pay before I leave the table though.




What if you paid after you left the table.|||I used to work at a computer shop, most of the time I was in the back fixing or building computers, but on the weekend I was up front helping customers. Also during the week I did telephone tech support.

Helping customers face to face is no problem. I'm not bubbly happy or anything, but I know what I'm talking about, I'm polite (even if they're not) and most people respect that.

On the phone people are more likely to be abusive to you. For whatever psychological reason people just tend to be nicer in person. Still, I was always polite and to the point.

I actually had one person call for tech support who did nothing but spout verbal abuse, without even trying anything I suggested to fix his problem. After about 5 minutes I politely told him "Sir, since you are unable to be civil, I'm going to have to end this call now," and then I hung up on him. He called back half an hour later, apologized, and I fixed his problem in about 60 seconds. My manager, who knew him as a problem customer, was amazed that I got him to behave himself.|||Nice! And Welcome to Off-Topic

|||Quote:








What if you paid after you left the table.




|||While I don't work in a job where I have direct contact with the customers, the way in which I do interact with them is the quality of the stack (of boxes of various groceries) I send. I tend to try and make this as good as reasonably possible although sometimes I can't be bothered and have sent things which are likely to break.

No comments:

Post a Comment