Saturday, April 21, 2012

Le Tour '11 - Revenge of the Chain Drop! - Page 3

Boonen was definitely sprinting dangerously, but Rojas looked fine. I can only assume they didn't like how he move aside instead of braking, which is stupid. But Hushovd and Cavendish? Sprinters lean on each other all the time!

Very disappointing day for my man Levi. Got pinched on the guardrail and had nowhere to go but down, and right in the finale too! I was really predicting big things from him, that 1:20 he had on Contador might just have been enough.|||I'm really just about done with this. Between Prudhomme having his head up his *** and every first-time rider thinking he's Superman... Then there is Garmin, who seem to have no clue at all what they are doing. Unless Thor is their protected GC man, in which case best of luck to them. That will work out great.|||Quote:








I'm really just about done with this. Between Prudhomme having his head up his *** and every first-time rider thinking he's Superman... Then there is Garmin, who seem to have no clue at all what they are doing. Unless Thor is their protected GC man, in which case best of luck to them. That will work out great.




I have no idea wtf Garmin is doing either, this just seems so random. Too bad Thor will lose his shirt tomorrow, it was fun while it lasted.

A littlle more sober post from me regarding my hero this time. If Thor wins one stage, this will be a fantastic Tour for my boys. Boasson Hagen with one win, Thor with one win and nearly a week in yellow. It`s a lot better than my real expectations|||You have got to be kidding me. I'm seriously pissed off now. First Nicki S�rensen is taken down by a journalist on a motorbike and now this? Journalists in a car. It's seriously ****** up.

Sad stage today. I feel sorry for Vino, Flecha, Van den Broeck, Willems, all the others and especially Hoogerland after taking the dotted jersey in a beautiful way and Zabriskie, who has always been one of my favourite riders.|||I'm with you Fred, this is wrong. Poor Dizzy, van den Broeck, but especially Vino. He wanted only to wear the yellow jersey before he retired, hence that huge attack yesterday. I guess that won't happen now.

But what happened to Hoogerland and Flecha was just criminal. That driver should not only be fired but have his license taken, at least. But what will and perseverance from both of them to finish the race anyway.|||

|||Hoogerland said earlier that he expected to get around thirty stiches. Completing with wounds like this is extremely impressive and I really hope for the poor guy that he will be back on the bike tuesday and keep the jersey as many days as possible. He deserved it.

And yes - I've always have mixed feelings about Vino. A wonderful cyclist but the doping scandals and suspicions have also made an impact on my feelings towards him. However, he has contributed to the Tour in so many ways and does not deserve to end his career like this.

I sincerely hope that this kind of drama is over for now.|||Hey if they can't dope for better performance they start hiring hit men in the media ,,,

Just saying.

The Whole Sports on a par with Mexican wrestling IMHO.|||This is the worst Tour I have ever seen. Granted, I have only seen 5, but this is pathetic in every regard. Are they letting amateurs ride in the peloton now? Aren't these supposed to be the best in the world? And Prudhomme and his drooling colleagues, planning out the thing like a demolition derby. Like children smashing toy cars together.

New prediction: We will see a duel between Contador and Schleck, because they will be the only two left in the race.|||Through some miracle we have been graciously gifted with two normal stages. Yesterday bordered on the really good. Greipel against Cavendish is something I've been waiting for since the disappointment of the Tour Down Under, and it went exactly as I had hoped. Now if he could stop sprinting from 8 wheels back, maybe The Gorilla could make it two.

Luz-Ardiden tomorrow. Big big day, going to be very exciting I'm sure. The mountains were pretty dull this time last year, but with such huge climbs and the FUBAR GC I foresee attacks from everyone but Cadel and the Schlecks. I wouldn't be surprised to see Basso trying something on Luz-Ardiden, it's the sort of climb that suits him. Winner? Hard to say, but someone who needs time back. Contador maybe?

No comments:

Post a Comment