Thursday, April 12, 2012

Spaceflight - Page 3

[:1]Cool cropping bro.|||Scroll Right and down, It's worth it.

Or just right click set as background and center.

What can I say it takes up a bit of sky.|||Funny article. Some good points though.|||Quote:








Funny article. Some good points though.




Hard to impress yourself though.



If he's not amazed by the robots and satellites it's his own fault.|||(mods, can we get that huge pic resized?)

Jezz.... just when I thought the Obama folks could not go any lower, they got a bigger shovel.

Assuming the article is accurate, WTH???




Quote:




NASA Administrator Charles Bolden said in a recent interview that his "foremost" mission as the head of America's space exploration agency is to improve relations with the Muslim world.




Really? It's not Air and Space anymore?? What is the job of the State Department?


Quote:




Though international diplomacy would seem well outside NASA's orbit, Bolden said in an interview with Al Jazeera that strengthening those ties was among the top tasks President Obama assigned him. He said better interaction with the Muslim world would ultimately advance space travel.

"When I became the NASA administrator -- or before I became the NASA administrator -- he charged me with three things. One was he wanted me to help re-inspire children to want to get into science and math, he wanted me to expand our international relationships, and third, and perhaps foremost, he wanted me to find a way to reach out to the Muslim world and engage much more with dominantly Muslim nations to help them feel good about their historic contribution to science ... and math and engineering," Bolden said in the interview.




Help them feel good?!?

Re-inspire? As opposed to inspire?

Holy cow.


Quote:




"It is a matter of trying to reach out and get the best of all worlds, if you will, and there is much to be gained by drawing in the contributions that are possible from the Muslim (nations)," he said. He held up the International Space Station as a model, praising the contributions there from the Russians and the Chinese.




The Chinese?? Is he on crack?

This guy needs to be fired.|||Quote:








(mods, can we get that huge pic resized?)




Dredd might skin me for overstretching my competences, but I removed the img tags .|||Quote:








Help them feel good?!?

Re-inspire? As opposed to inspire?

Holy cow.




Predictable clouds of obscuration have been generated by the administration.

As to 're-inspire', it's based on the fraudulent image of Muslim sophistication and civilization that Edward Said promulgated.|||Down Hobbes|||Quote:








Dredd might skin me for overstretching my competences, but I removed the img tags .




sorry about that but space is big you know?

http://i.imgur.com/NwfUx.jpg

and it's a hell of a view and on topic.|||I just removed the img tags, the link is still there. I wouldn't dare to delete it completely

No comments:

Post a Comment